POSITION: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
In order to further strengthen our Procurement Unit to effectively handle its increasing responsibility, we are seeking a qualified and competent candidate to assume the position of Procurement Assistant at our Abuja office.
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant would have responsibility for organizing and managing the records and database of the unit, as well as providing necessary support to the Procurement Officer in all unit processes and activities. The specific tasks to be carried out by the job holder include:
• Work closely with the Procurement Officer to register vendors
• Organize and manage vendor records and database. www.nigerianbestforum.com
• Raise purchase orders, purchase requisitions & other procurement documents
• Inspect items supplied by vendors & raise Goods Received Note for all deliveries
• Assist the Procurement Officer in the conduct of market survey
• Participate in the activities of the Procurement Committee
• Support the Procurement Officer in the management of inventory/asset
• Perform any other task as may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
A B.Sc. or HND in the Social Sciences, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience, preferably in Procurement or Purchasing & Supply
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of procurement and bidding processes
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Analytical thinking
• Team orientation.
• Computer literate with basic working knowledge of MS Office applications
• Knowledge of legal & operational aspects of contract management
• Ability to analyse & utilize complex data
• Relationship management skills
Qualified and interested applicants should visit www.apin.org.ng and complete the job application form. They should also upload their CV, which must contain a suitability statement, highlighting how their knowledge, skills and experience make them suitable for the position; and addressing the person specifications listed above. The statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as applicant’s name. Applications must be completed and submitted on or before Friday April 15, 2011. Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APIN offers very competitive terms of employment and is an equal opportunity employer. Women who are qualified for the position are therefore encouraged to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 15th April, 2011